Gifts of Real Estate
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of the real estate
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction based on the value of the gift
- Leave a lasting legacy to TCM
How to make a gift of real estate
Your real property, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property may be given to TCM by executing or signing a deed transferring ownership. You may deed part or all of your real property to TCM. Your gift will generally be based on the property's fair market value, which must be established by an independent appraisal. Click Here to contact us about making a gift of real Estate.
Stocks and Bonds
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Further our mission today
How to make a gift of stocks and bonds
By electronic transfer - Please contact us for instructions on how you can transfer stock or bonds from your brokerage or investment account to TCM.
By certified mail - If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to mail two envelopes separately to complete your gift. In the first envelope, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other envelope, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this power from your broker or bank. Please remember to use certified mail.
More on gifts of stocks and bonds
There are special rules for valuing a gift of stock. The value of a charitable gift of stock is determined by taking the mean between the high and low stock price on the date of the gift. Mutual fund shares are valued using the closing price for the fund on the date of the gift. Click Here to contact us about making a gift of stocks or bonds.
Gifts of Retirement Assets
If you are like most people, you probably will not use all of your retirement assets during your lifetime. You can make a gift of your unused retirement assets, such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), pension or other tax-deferred plan, to help further our mission.
- Avoid potential estate tax on retirement assets
- Your heirs would avoid income tax on any retirement assets funded on a pre-tax basis
- Receive potential estate tax savings from an estate tax deduction
How to make a gift of retirement assets
To leave your retirement assets to TCM, you will need to complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian. If you designate TCM as beneficiary, we will benefit from the full value of your gift because your IRA assets will not be taxed at your death. Your estate will benefit from an estate tax charitable deduction for the gift.
More on gifts of retirement assets
Did you know that 60%-70% of your retirement assets may be taxed if you leave them to your heirs at your death? Another option is to leave your heirs assets that receive a step up in basis, such as real estate and stock, and give the retirement assets to TCM. As a charity, we are not taxed upon receiving an IRA or other retirement plan assets. Contact us today about retirement asset gifts.
Gifts of Insurance
If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, consider making a gift of your insurance policy to TCM. For example, you may have purchased a policy to provide for minor children and they are now financially independent adults.
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- If TCM cashes in the policy, you will be able to see firsthand how your gift supports our Christian leadership training.
- If TCM retains the policy to maturity, or you name us as a beneficiary, once the policy matures, the proceeds of your policy will be paid to our organization so that we can use the proceeds to further our charitable work. You can receive additional tax deductions by making annual gifts so that we can pay the premiums
How to make a gift of life insurance
To make a gift of life insurance, please contact your life insurance provider, request a beneficiary designation form from the insurer, and include TCM as the beneficiary of your policy. For further questions or comments, contact us by Clicking Here.
Gifts of Cash
A cash gift is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift.
- Make an immediate impact on our mission today.
- Benefit from a charitable income tax deduction.
Make Your Gift Online Now!
It's easy. Just CLICK HERE and complete our online donation form. Your gift will be processed quickly and safely using our secure server.
Send Us Your Gift By Mail
You can send us a check or money order. Please let us know if you want your gift used for a specific purpose, by indicating that purpose either in the memo line or in a letter to us. TCM International Institute P.O. Box 24560, Indianapolis, IN 46224
For questions or to discuss these unique planned giving options, please send me an email by filling out the boxes provided here. Or feel free to give me a call to speak over the phone.